Thursday 16 March 2017

Beautiful side of India: A treat for the eyes

Home is home no matter where it is located, But when the home is not just comfortable but also offering beauty that words can't explain then it is definitely like winning a free dinner coupon of your favourite restaurant. After spending a month away from home finally got a chance to curl myself under my blanket, such a relief😌.



I love to travel and explore new places. Thanks to my husband's job, which allows me to see the extremes of India. From cacophonous towns to places where I put the TV on whole day deliberately so that I don't miss the hustle and bustle of a city😆. But this posting specially I am loving the most. Not far from Dehradun, in Uttarakhand, it is a small hill station called New Tehri. Maybe the place is more beautiful because of the location of our cottage which gives a beautiful picturesque view of Himalaya and Tehri lake. I can for sure sit of hours at my backyard and gaze the beauty that the nature has to offer.

New Tehri is located at mid Himalaya and the district Tehri Garhwal has many beautiful places to visit. Many ancient temples like Chandrabadni temple,Surkhanda Devi,Kunjapuri temple etc. Tehri was a princely state and was ruled by Shah Dynasty. It has many castles which will take you to ancient time. Dhanaulti is a famous yet silent tourist spot in this district. Tehri is becoming famous among tourists who are looking for some adrenaline rush and want to indulge themselves in adventure sports like paragliding,parasailing,river rafting,jet skiing, bungee jumping,abseiling, hiking and the list is endless. The Tehri dam,an engineering masterpiece, is of course a place to see.



But to me it is home, at least till the next shift. I am gonna live the soul of this place to the fullest. I was brought up in Gujarat, so seeing snowfall was always my dream. And never thought I would be able to live that dream so beautifully at the comfort of my home and watching the snowfall from my bedroom while sipping hot chocolate. That was a mesmerising experience I can cherish all my life. Eating sunday lunch at backyard with family,enjoying the barbecue while goggling the snow-laden mountain and you would wonder can nature be this beautiful.The air here is so fresh that you can feel the freshness when you breathe in, with every breath you would feel that it is not air that you are breathing it is elixir to the lungs and body.The flowers, the cherry blossoms, the apple orchards, the kiwis, strawberries, walnut groves, trees loaded with blood oranges gives me the feel of heaven. I have never seen apple orchard in my life before, to me apple used to come from the supermarket😆.Morning yoga sessions at my backyard is so relaxing and rejuvenating, I feel that I am healing from within. The view from my glasshouse is so beautiful that i can sit there for whole day without uttering a word, sometimes you need that void desperately and you don't want to hear anybody talking,neither you want to be heard. that zero that silence is what I feel when I sit there.

Many of my friends post pictures of their switzerland tour, Europe tour,into the woods,camping. I am experiencing that joy here and the best part is that 'It is home'.


No comments:

Post a Comment